Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Aaden is here!

Aaden Joseph Wood born Dec 5th at 3:29p.m. 5 pounds 13 ounces. 18 inches long. He came seven weeks early. he is NICU but doing great. He has been breathing on his own since he was born. his iv line is thru his belly button so we haven't been able to hold him yet:( he started eating breastmilk thru his tube on sunday and they have been increasing it the last 2 days. they will do another increase today. he is doing wonderful with it and if he keeps tolerating it and doing good his iv could come out by the end of the week:) I feel truly blessed for the miracle god has sent me. I know his Poppy and big brother took good care of him and are watching over all of us.

2 comments:

The Thomas Clan said...

I am so happy to hear that he is doing well. I am so happy that he made it here to you safe! I know that the NICU can be long and frustrating sometimes and it's really hard to go home without your baby. Hang in there. I love ya. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Jinny and Mick said...

Congrats, glad to hear that he is doing good after coming so early!